The conference is brought to you by The School of Education, Trinity College Dublin (TCD) and Leap and will bring together people with disabilities, families, academics, policy makers and others to explore a shared vision to shape a culture of inclusive education in Ireland.
Where: The Trinity Long Room Hub | Trinity College Dublin
When: Wednesday 23rd October 2019 Time: 9.30 -3.30pm
• Rachel Cassen, Director, Leap – The importance of building strong leadership persons with disabilities and families advocating for Inclusion
• Dr Joanne Banks, School of Education, TCD – The evidence base for Inclusive education
• Keara Campbell, Parent – from Special Education to mainstream – a journey worth taking
• Deirdre Graham, Parent – Inclusion from day one, a family story
• Mary McGrath, NCSE – Piloting the School Inclusion Model (SIM)
• Martin O’Connor, Psychologist – Inclusion as the foundation for a Lifetime of belonging
• Dr Shivaun Quinlivan – Understanding Article 24 of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
• Professor Michael Shevlin, School of Education TCD – Establishing Transition Pathways to Post- Secondary Education for People with Intellectual Disabilities
Please register by Wednesday 16th October.