The British Journal of Learning Disabilities has issued a Call for Papers. Our colleague Dr Donatalla Camedda is leading guest editor for the forthcoming special education edition. As this special edition of the BJLD focuses on People with intellectual (learning) disabilities working or studying in higher education institutions, it may be of particular interest to the INHEF membership and a list of topics included are as follows:
- People with intellectual/learning disabilities studying in higher education
- Opportunities and challenges of implementing HE programmes
- Support provision in higher education such as peer-mentoring
- Employment pathways linked to higher education programmes
- Full-time/part-time employment in higher education institutions
- Inclusive research involving employment of people with intellectual/learning disabilities as researchers/research assistants in higher education institutions
- Inclusive research on higher education-employment transitions
- Higher education and/or employment policy/practice developments
- Advocacy initiatives in higher education and/or employment
The call for papers has just gone live and the BJLD are accepting abstracts until January ’24. See the call here: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/14683156
Please note that the contributions should be academic papers with an easy-to-read/video summary.
This is a wonderful opportunity for INHEF members to disseminate some of the excellent work that is happening around the country and if anyone is interested in offering a collaborative submission on any of the topics identified, please contact Dr Orla Slattery directly who will be happy to liaise with you and co-ordinate.